Love is in the air as the Stampin' Pretty Pals share the love with cards and projects for today's Pals Blog Hop!
You've probably hopped over from Joan Norris at My Creative Impressions, I'm stop number 31 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! I'll help you "hop along" from blog to blog where you'll find great ideas for love themed paper projects from the Stampin' Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track
One of my favorite stamp sets: Greeting Card Kids was used to make this Valentine Card. This set is quite versatile and has come in handy time and time again. Isn't she just cute?
To help me with this card, I used the Scallop Trim Corner punch and the Scallop Trim Border along with the Heart to Heart punch. The Ric Rac was done using the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die in Whisper White and the sentiment came from the set: Teeny Tiny Wishes.
After I stamped the image in Early Espresso, it looked clean and simple so I left it uncolored except for the heart she is holding and just sponged around the square with Pretty in Pink ink.
The next project is a Candy Bar Treat Holder and Book Marker
This treat holder contains 2 mini hersheys chocolate bars along with a matching book marker. My inspiration for this started with a project Mary Fisher shared on her blog at Stampin' Pretty for a Candy Bar Treat Holder, you can click here to see her original post. I modified it to fit 2 mini hershey chocolate bars and added the book marker to it.
If your wondering what DSP this is......well it's a sneak peek product from the Sale-A-Bration catalog which start Jan 24th and can be earned for free with qualifying purchase.
Here are the modified directions to the treat holder:
- For the candy bar wrap, cut card stock to 2 3/4" x 4 3/4"
- Score at 2 1/4" and 2 1/2". Flip 90 degrees and score 1/4" on both the long sides.
- Punch out a 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch and score halfway (flap in the front of treat holder)
- Punch out a 1 3/4" circle and add to the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle
- Adhere the scored Scallop Circle Punch to the front end of the holder (for a flap look)
For the Book Marker:
- Cut cardstock 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
- Punch out a 2 3/8" Scallop Circle
- Punch out a 1 3/4" Circle and add to the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle
- Add adhesive tape to the Scallop Circle (half of it only) and adhere it to the cardstock you cut
- Slide the book marker into the treat holder and than add candy or chocolates.
Last but not least, here is another treat holder using the Petal Card Double Punch
Previuosly, I created a similar treat box, which you can click here to see the original post, but decided to try and modify it to accomodate more chocolates and make it as a cute little gift for valentines. Who doesn't want more chocolates?
I started by creating 2 seperate square boxes first and adhered them together. Than I cut (2) 1" squares using the DSP from the Sale-A-Bration catalog called: Everyday Enchantment and added to each end of the the box.
Later, I cut 1" x 2 1/8" strip of DSP for the front and back. Added Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon for decoration along with a heart for the front and backside of the box. Almost forgot, I punched out (3) 1" circles in Red Glimmer Paper, cut each circle in half and added them to the top of the box as pictured below. Main cardstock for the base of the squares was Black.
Top view of the treat box
Another view showing the front and ends of the box together.
Hope you Enjoyed!!
Now hop along for more inspiring ideas from the talented Linda Fisher at Linda's Stampin Loft, stop number 1 on the Love Is In The Air Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!
- Linda Fisher at Linda's Stampin Loft
- Maggie Mata at MaggieMadeCards
- Kim Luithle at Kim's Stampin Stuff
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Dawn Tidd at My Stampin' Blog
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Susan Lankford at Stampin' Crafty Corner
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Cindy Hall at Pretty Impact
- Frenchiee Hum at Frenchiee's Spot.
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie's Crafty Corner
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin' Blog
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Amanda Cramer at Mrs. C with Style!
- Sandie Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
- Sue Bendinsky at My Color Creations
- Leah O'Brien at Leah's Stampin' Corner
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Emily Steggell at Em's Creations
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Jessica Ying at YoYoStamping Studio
- Leslie Davis at Ellalicious Elements
- Joan Norris at My Creative Impressions
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner