You've likely hopped over from Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole I'm stop number 9 on the Pals Hop and I'm glad you hopped in! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up below and you'll be back on track!
This is a great month to start off Christmas Cards and with a baby now in the house, the focus was creating a couple of quick cards that can be done in less than 10 mins.
This first card is quite simple and fast to re-create
The christmas tree is an image from the new DSP, Frostwood Lodge along with the gridlines. I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of DSP making sure to include the tree as my focus and matted it with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock in Real Red.
Before matting the DSP, I applied Dazzling Details to the tree and edges of the cardstock with a paint brush to add some shimmer to the card and used the embossing heat gun to dry it faster. The snowflake on the upper right hand side was punched using the snowflake punch along with Silver Glimmer Paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog.
Here is a close up of the Dazzling Details effect when added directly to the card.
For the next card, I used the stamp set: Beautiful Season
Main base for the card is Old Olive (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") along with a 2" x 4 1/4" strip of DSP called Letters To Santa for the bottom portion.
Started with a 2 3/4" square in whisper white, stamped the image and sponged around the square using Soft Suede Ink. Used a blender pen to color the image and matted it to a 3" square in Cherry Cobbler. Stampin Dimensionals were added before matting to the main base.
For the middle, I cut a small strip of Early Espresso and added it to the Cherry Cobbler strip which I punched out using the scallop trim border punch. Added 5 Basic Pearls.
The sentiment is from the stamp set: Contempo Christmas and used Early Espresso ink, which is hard to capture this color on camera. Punched it out using the Decorative Label Punch and sponged around it with Soft Suede ink.
Hop along for more inspiring ideas from Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie's Crafty Corner, stop number 10 on the November Pals Hop! Thanks for "hopping" by!
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair!
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Jessica Ying at YoYoStamping Studio
- Mike Funke at Stampin-Style
- Jennifer Takacs at My Stampin Blog
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin' Space
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie's Crafty Corner
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
- Linda Fisher at Linda's Stamin Loft
- Sandie Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Cindy Hall at Pretty Impact
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Kris Kilcoyne at Kween Bee Kreations
- Camila McManus at OBX Scrapbook
Beautiful Season Stamp Set (122680 W, 122682 C)
Curly Cute Stamp Set (117014 W, 120510 C)
Contempo Christmas Stamp Set (118734 W, 120594 C)