• HOME
  • PROMOTIONS
  • PRODUCTS
  • CONTACT
  • HOSTESS BENEFITS
  • CLEARANCE

    Monday, August 6, 2012

    Merry Monday - Guest Designer

    Today is Monday so that means another fantastic challenge over at Always Playing with Paper, with a new Merry Monday challenge and sketch design by Lesley Croghan.

    Also, I would like to thank Lesley for having chosen one of my Merry Monday card as a winner which gave me the opportunity to be a guest designer for today's Merry Monday Challenge, in which I'm so excited to do. You can click here to go directly to the challenge and see some beautiful christmas creations.
    Here is my card:
    For this card, I got some new DSP called Snow Festival from the new Holiday Catalog which is now my favorite for christmas theme. I love the colors this pack comes with, especially nice contrast with this Cherry Cobbler and Baja Breeze cardstock.

    Oh and look at this cute snowman which comes from the set: Snow Much Fun. To color him, I used my SU markers and aqua painter. Colors used were: Basic Grey, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand, and Cherry Cobbler. For his cheek, I added a little chalk color.

      
    I wanted more snow on this card, so I used the embossing folder: Snow Burst (now retired) using Whisper White cardstock. What do you think? At the end, I paper pierced around the oval and added some Stampin Dimensionals under it.

    Almost forgot, added 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade and some Basic Pearls on each corner. Hope you enjoy and have fun creating!!

    Pin It

    9 comments:

    1. Super cute card, Mikki! Love your coloring, papers and that EF! Congrats on being this weeks Guest Designer, your card rocks! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very cute card, this image is adorable. Love the papers you used and the added texture. Congratulations on being Guest Designer :).

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow, Mikki, you have outdone yourself this time. I always enjoy your cards and I'm so thrilled that you are the guest designer this week. Your Mr. Snowman is painted so beautifully and the colors and textures make him stand out even more. I'm also impressed with your paper piercing. Nice detail.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Mikki,
      This card is superb! I love that snowman and the expert way you have coloured him! WOW! The colours are gorgeous together too. All around a fabulous card! Thanks for being our GD this week!
      Hugs,
      Lesley

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great minds think alike...we used the same stamp set! I like how the ribbon color stands out by adding just a pop of color. Cute!

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a cheerful card, Mikki! I love everything about this one, right down to the rosey cheeks of that cute snowman. Such a sweet holiday card! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. I too love this card! I love that blue and red color combo, and the addition of the green ribbon is perfect! :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Congratulations on being the Guest Designer! I love your card - my favourite colours and I always like snowflakes and or snowmen for the holidays. Just lovely!
      cheers, Karen

      ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon