• HOME
  • PROMOTIONS
  • PRODUCTS
  • CONTACT
  • HOSTESS BENEFITS
  • CLEARANCE

    Wednesday, June 8, 2011

    Greetings Card Kids with Springtime Vintage



    Here is a great way to use up your scraps....Paper piecing technique which I did for the little girl's dress. This a great technique when you have small scraps and not sure what to do with them and it matches very well with the the card. 

    For those of you that do not know what Paper piecing is, you first stamp your image on cardstock, then take the same image and same it down again, but on patterned paper. Now cut out the portion you want to piece from the patterned paper, such as the dress only and apply it to the original stamp image instead of coloring in the areas. There you go...now you try.

    Countdown to baby....I only have about 3 months and a couple of weeks to go. I must say, he is kicking much harder now, especially when I'm cooking. I suppose he doesn't like the heat so I make sure to keep as much of a distance as I can while I'm behind the stove.

    Actually, I think the hard kicks must be saying...."Mom, get me out of this heat", since when I'm done, the kicks stop right away.

    Supplies Used:
    • Stamp Set: Greeting Card Kids CM (120633), Delight in Gladness (121950), Bring on the Cake (121958) - sentiment for the inside of card
    • Inks: Black (101778), Rose Red (101778)
    • Marker: Blush Blossom (100037) for flesh color
    • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Rose Red
    • DSP: Springtime Vintage (121782)
    • Circle Scissor Plus (112530) - used to cut a 2 1/4" circle, Decorative Label Punch (120907) 
    • Other: Basic Pearls (119247), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Seam Binding Ribbon (121884) Rose Red, Blending Pen (102845)
    Pin It

    1 comment:

    1. This is really adorable. I love her little dress!

      Hugs, M

      ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon