• HOME
  • PROMOTIONS
  • PRODUCTS
  • CONTACT
  • HOSTESS BENEFITS
  • CLEARANCE

    Monday, June 27, 2011

    The Paper Players Challenge #53 - A Sketch


    This cute website called The Paper Players  has a weekly challenge starting every Sunday and I just had to join in the fun with this cute sketch PP53 designed by: Lesley Croghan. If you would to play also, go to their website by clicking here.

    Here is what I came up with based on this cute sketch:




    Here is a close up picture of how I sponge daubed the butterfly using pretty in pink to add in some color to the card. This paper called: Elegant Soiree (117163) is one of my all time favorites and sorry to see it being retired.

    Take advantage with only 4 days left to pick some of this gorgeous DSP...best thing is it's 25% off.

    I used a few punches for this card. I took the 1 3/8" circle punch to cut out the butterfly which I stamped in Early Espresso than I adhered that to the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch using Marina Mist cardstock. Next, I used the circle scissor plus to cut out a 1 7/8" circle in Bashful Blue.

    Finally, I took my stampin dimensionals and put them under the scallop circle and than again under the 1 7/8" circle to make the card pop out more. Added some basic pearls to embellish. I used the stamp set called: Thanks for caring.

    Feel free to email me anytime if you have any question on how I did something or what I used. I would love to hear from you.
    Pin It

    6 comments:

    1. Hi Mikki,
      I am so happy you found us and that you liked my sketch! I love what you did with the DSP and the flagged sentiment works perfectly! What a clever way to colour the butterfly.
      Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.
      Smiles,
      Lesley

      ReplyDelete
    2. Mikki, Love how you used this DSP and the butterfly together, and I love how you used color to accent the butterfly! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is such a pretty card, Mikki! I love the DSP and how you coloured the butterfly. The pearls are a great accent too. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi, Mikki! What a beautiful card! Of course, the pearls are the perfect touch! And you just can't beat Elegant Soiree for designer paper. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players, Pal!

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is some of my favorite DSP and I love how you've featured each pattern from the pack! The scattered pearls are beautiful and the butterfly looks gorgeous! So glad you found us at The Paper Players! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hi Mikki! SO happy you joined us this week at the Paper Players this week with this gorgeous card. Wowza! Love how you used that beautiful paper and those perfectly placed pearls. Very pretty! :)

      ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon